Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Thankfulness Day 26

Nov. 26
This day is a day to be thankful for blessings.
There are many seen and known blessings in each of our lives. For me a few are: health, a roof over my head, clothes in the closet, food in the fridge and pantry, a family that loves me, the internet, etc. There are also "taken for granted" blessings. Many of the above count. So does electricity, a washer and dryer, not one but two working vehicles, and a microwave. You many think that those things are "well, everyone's got that." Which isn't correct. This past Sunday I sat in church while listening about a trip taken to a couple small villages in Romania. Romania itself is rather poor as a whole. One of those villages....very heart-wrenching. The people there still use a "rub board" as my mom calls it, to wash their clothes. They have a pump that gives out cold water, but it must be heated to bathe, to cook, etc. There is no indoor plumbing. The picture shown (out of dozens taken, but time was too short to show them all) was heart-breaking. We tend to take the simple things for granted until we learn of those that go without. I for one am thankful for even the "minor" blessings that most take for granted and hope that I never forget like that saying...."But for the grace of God go I."